"SCIENTIFIC COLLECTIONS OF THE CLASSIC HIGH SCHOOL A. VOLTA" - COMO
The museum is structured in two sections dedicated to teaching in the scientific field.
The laboratory tools section originates from the Physics Cabinet promoted and strongly desired by Alessandro Volta, teacher and regent of the school between 1775 and 1778. A hundred instruments are exhibited, from the oldest ones, which date back to the last quarter of the eighteenth century, to the largest group, dated to the first half of the nineteenth century, along a historical path marked by the evolution of scientific knowledge in the field of physics.
The second section concerns the naturalistic collections, including a rich nineteenth-century herbarium.
|Via Cesare Cantù, 57 - 22100 Como||031 261498|